Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well. It's 5:41 in the AM portion of the day. You may ask why I am awake.
Let me tell you.
When I drink, I wake up when the buzz wears off. Yuck.
But!
Yesterday was my birthday. And it was freakin' AMAZING.
The radio show threw me a party complete with a pony, a clown, party hats (mine was a tiara that lit up!), a gerbil in a little cowboy hat and vest that rode the pony, streamers, balloons, cake (hrmm), and a bunny.
I'm not sure how to even recap the damn thing. It was all a surprise to me!

After the show, I went to spend my $25 gift certificate (that I won last week!) on wine and appetizers at a lovely Italian restaurant. Two wonderful ladies accompanied me. The plan was to share A bottle and AN appetizer. We were just about the only people in the joint. I write "just about" because there was one other couple. Sign of the time, people.

We sat at the bar and were doted on by the owner and staff. There's a good chance I was entertaining. However, I was not nearly as entertaining as the owners cousin. The owner's MAGICIAN cousin. He did magic tricks the entire time. Actually, I suppose it would be better to call him an 'illusionist' because he made things levitate and such.

Sooooo three bottles of wine later (yes, there were only 3 of us), the owner brings us eggplant Parmesan "on the house because you three are so lovely".

I have to recline again. Lest I die.

No comments: