Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Things...

I have a facebook page and was tagged for "25 Things About Me" about a bazillion times. I finally did it as I drank a bottle of wine one evening and the things I wrote were eye-opening even to myself... With the wonders of copy/paste, I give you my "25 Things".

1. It should be noted that I am doing this only to maybe learn something about myself. It's all about me, bitches, and I'm okay with that.

2. Okay, so maybe I'm not okay with it being "all about me".

3. I love radio with passion. Listen to WJFK-FM 106.7 or www.wjfk.com --there is no radio like it in the country. Really. I mean it.

4. Tomatoes make my world go 'round.

5. I do not understand people who do not have a strong sense of work ethic. It is beyond me how anybody can be given a task and just do the minimum. I can't imagine not just wanting to rise to the occasion, but to also rise ABOVE the occasion.

6. I've had almost an entire bottle of wine this evening. By. My. Self.

7. I wrote a book. And I've never let anybody read the damn thing.

8. I also write poetry. About a year ago, friend found a poem of mine while searching for paper and said if he had written it, he would have shared it with everybody he knew.

9. I never had a goal until I was 30. I will only be 30 for 19 more days.

10. The first time I ever felt 'aroused' was while listening to the Stone Temple Pilots song "Plush". It still turns me on.

11. Music moves me. I laugh; I get blues-ey; I get horny; I am joyous; I cry; I feel whatever the damn music tells me; whether I want to or not.

12. I think I sing pretty well. At the very least, I enjoy singing. I was in choirs my whole life until I graduated college. I even sang with a band. And I have never karaokaed. Or however you spell it.

13. I consider myself a musician even though I no longer own my instrument.

14. For a couple of weeks, I thought I might be an alcoholic. I stopped drinking for a month and it didn't phase me. Now I know I'm just a drunk who likes to drink; not an actual alcoholic.

15. No matter what I weigh I think I am fat. Even when I think I'm gorgeous. I have anorexia and have battled it since I was 14. It's like alcoholism; it never goes away. I deal with it every day. My heart knows I am beautiful; my head is fucked up. Truthfully, I know that I look far better now than I did 15 pounds less.

16. It's no secret, I think tomatoes are the most beautiful creation. Ever. I love tomatoes more than people. Or any other food. Tomatoes are sunshine!

17. I smoke weed. Obviously I don't really care who knows it. It ought to be legal. I'd rather run into a person who was stoned than a person who was drunk any day of the week.

18. I have always felt to be the black sheep of my family. I know they adore me; I am just uncertain of how much any of my family can understand me.

19. I am bisexual. That's just the way it is. I can't change it. Even though I try to date only men, it is very difficult for me to rule out women. I love women. I always have.

20. I know I am very smart.

21. And sexy.

22. When I was in middle school I was made fun of for my laugh. Thank god I didn't listen to those idiots.

23. And my lips. I was called "n-- lips" in the 8th grade. For the record? That jackass couldn't get a woman with this kind of mouth to kiss him if he offered to pay for it. I'm certain.

24. My mom is the most amazing woman I have ever met.

25. My sister, Odana, is cooler than I will ever achieve. Even though I want to be a wonderful and inspiring role model for her, I can't imagine I will ever do anything she could not surpass with a scoff and a smille.

No comments: