Thursday, December 18, 2008

Straight from Wikipedia:

In 1902 the first modern electrical air conditioning was invented by Willis Haviland Carrier in Syracuse, NY. Designed to improve manufacturing process control in a printing plant, his invention controlled not only temperature but also humidity. The low heat and humidity were to help maintain consistent paper dimensions and ink alignment. Later Carrier's technology was applied to increase productivity in the workplace, and The Carrier Air Conditioning Company of America was formed to meet rising demand. Over time air conditioning came to be used to improve comfort in homes and automobiles. Residential sales expanded dramatically in the 1950s.

The hvac unit to the studio in which I am chained is frozen solid. You may be thinking, "Super, it's only 30 degrees outside, you must be cold!" To this I respond, "NO. I am chained to a studio with thousands and thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment. AND IT IS ALL TURNED ON AT THE SAME TIME AND WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE SHUT OFF LEST THE WORLD ENDS AS WE KNOW IT." I am hot. I've taken off my sweater, my boots and jewelry. My professionalism is on the line as I'm this close to taking off my pants.

And I am grateful for the the invention of Air Conditioning. GRATEFUL. I AM GRATEFUL. FILLED WITH GREATNESS. ABOUT AIR CONDITIONING IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER.

Peace be with you. I hope you can be grateful for something today, too.

No comments: