Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ten Things To Bring a Smile...

It's a cold gray rainy day. My head aches. And with the pending departure of the Amazing Aunt Jane, my heart aches a little, too. But as a good girl must, I will push through and find a smile!!

Inspired by my beautiful friend, Rosey Mama, and her month of being grateful, I am going to list ten things that put a bounce in my step and a little extra glimmer in my smile.


10 THINGS FOR WHICH I AM GRATEFUL:

1. I love my job. Even when I hate my job, I still love my job! Radio rocks. My co-workers are another family to me and I adore that freaky, weird, dysfunctional family love.

2. Lady Grey Tea. No sugar. No honey. No milk. No fuss.

3. My friendship with "Aunt Jane".

4. The smell of fresh laundry... it takes me back to my mom's tiny house in West-By-God and how my bedroom was off the laundry room. Mom was always doing laundry and for me, the smell is nothing short of a Star Trek Transporter.

5. The Radio Flyer. Though the Radio Flyer is a little banged up, she gets me from Here to There and she does it with care and safety! I love my little Volkswagen.

6. My family. They should probably be in the top slot, but this list is in no particular order. My family has surpassed any expectations I have ever had with support that even I can not understand. They support me and my wacky decisions even when I question their sanity. "Really? You really think it's a good idea that I cut off my left pinky toe for $500 as a stunt on the radio?" Wow. You DO love me!

7. I am grateful for the internet and my neighbor who lets me jump on his wireless connection for free. (Nope, I'm not stealing it; he is nice enough to share his password!)

8. Champagne. God damn, I love me some champagne.

9. Good kissers and being single. I nearly erased that, but really, I'm grateful for this. I love me some good smoochin'. Kiss the boys. Kiss the girls. Who cares? I am single, so why not enjoy it?

10. Laughter. I am grateful for laughter. Whether it is my own or a perfect stranger's, laughter makes my world go 'round.


Wow. That really works. I must tell you, dear reader, if you are feeling a little cold gray and rainy, make a list. Be grateful. It doesn't take much to find the beauty around you and when you do, you may find yourself smiling!

No comments: